Happy Easter!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Despite being non-religious, I still like to celebrate Easter. Not as a Jesus-born-again day but as a Spring-is-here! day. This year I sort cooked for the family and got a big seven pound ham at Trader Joe's (one of my favorite grocery stores EVER) to celebrate the day with. Unfortunately, my family members aren't big fans of ham so I ended up taking most of it back to school with me. Believe me, I have no objections to that! I roasted some asparagus with salt, pepper, and a little bit of lemon juice and roasted some red and brown potatoes with rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, green onion and a bit of olive oil drizzled over the top. So delicious and so simple! As for the ham, there is honestly no prep work, you simply heat it up in the oven (10 minutes at 250 degrees per pound) and voila! I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

P.S. The ham picture really doesn't do it any justice at all....it looked so much better in person....

0 comments:

Post a Comment