Beer coconut shrimpIngredients
- 24 large shelled shrimp with tails
- 2 cups of coconut flakes
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 of a cup of beer
- ¾ of a cup of flour
- 1½ tsp of baking powder
- vegetable oil
- Whisk the egg, beer, baking powder and ½ a cup of flour in a large mixing bowl until a smooth batter is formed.
- Place the remainder of the flour in a bowl and all of the coconut in a separate bowl.
- Grasp the shrimp by the tail and dip into the flour and then the batter. Allow any excess batter to drip off.
- Then, roll the shrimp in the coconut, making sure that the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Set the coated shrimp on a plate or dish and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Pour 3 cups of vegetable oil in a deep fat fryer and heat to a temperature of 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and fry in the hot oil in small batches for several minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with a sauce or dip.
P.S. Team Coco- today's post is dedicated to the genius that is Conan O'Brien.